Warehouse Associate – Job Description
Lake Mary Fl 32746
How to apply - Send resume with qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Warehouse Associate Position'
Function: The position of Warehouse Worker is responsible for all aspects of warehouse
functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for
customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other
- warehouses accurately and promptly.
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking
- merchandise against the packing list.
- Prepares a receiving report if none is available.
- Examine incoming shipments, report damaged items. Appropriately report/record any discrepancies.
- To accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
- Enter quantity received against the purchase order in the computer system and print back order and inventory stock put away list.
- Attach identifying tag or labels to materials or mark information on cases, bins, or other containers.
- Assemble and fill orders to be shipped to customers.
- Preparation of all shipping documentation.
- Review all orders to determine if they were picked correctly.
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area.
- Be able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code.
- Solid reading skills – must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked.
- Basic math skills and reasoning skills.
- Fork lift certification preferred
- Ability to understand and execute instructions.
- General understanding of the warehouse and footprint
- Operate inventory control equipment, i.e., bar-coding equipment, handheld devices.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment – Though our warehouse is temperature controlled it can become warm especially during summer months.
- Position spends 8 hours per day standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection